We manage ships professionally and ensure Quality Ship Management.
We ensure total satisfaction of our Clients. Safety Management ( ISM ) implementation and compliance is our trademark which is getting globally endorsed.
We are under certification process from various Flags including Flag of Convenience for Document of Compliance.
We specializes ship management for various Types and Categories of Ships under the supervision of most qualified Marine Professionals.
- Vessel registration and classification into any member of IACS class
- Upgrading the vessel to the standard of any IACS class member.
- Conducting statutory surveys to satisfaction of flag.
- Conducting class surveys.
- Implementation of Safety Management Systems on board and relevant documentation and survey.
- Implementation of ISPS, SOPEP, Ballast water management, Garbage management plan, etc. and all relevant plans as required by class and administration.
- Drydocking expertise.
- Major repair and conversion supervision.
- Pre purchase inspections.
- Expertise in sale of vessel for demolition/recycling.
- Riding squads and much more.
- Crew management for all kinds of vessels (offshore, main fleet, etc)
- Pre joining procedures for crew.
- Commercial management and chartering of main fleet vessels.
- Commercial management and chartering of offshore vessel.
- Voyage planning and control.
- Inventory control and procurement management.
- Purchase procedures and documentation.
- Port management of vessels.
- Computer based vessel tracking.
- Establishing communication lines between vessel and shore via satellite link.
- Emergency response team and contingency support from shore.
DRY DOCK MANAGEMENT
Project Management :
- Study and preparation of specifications.
- Tender documentation and implementation.
- Shipyard selection.
- Plan Approval.
- Follow up of project.
- Shipyard delivery invoice and guarantee monitoring
- Vessels where is needed additional general maintenance, major repairs and or any technical upgrading, including installation of new machinery parts, which can be performed whilst sailing, to ensure continued commercial operation of the vessels
- Technical supervision and follow up during construction
- Cost control management
It is the policy of Summai Shipping Pvt Ltd to operate all managed vessels in the safest and most proper manner possible, ensuring that all managed vessels operate in accordance with:
- Shipowners’ requirements.
- Design requirements.
- Flag state and class requirements.
- Charterers’ requirements and most importantly the International Safety Management Code.
Summai Shipping Pvt Ltd is responsible for monitoring the vessels’ condition and all aspects of their performance and operation, including:
- Planned and project maintenance.
- Regular condition assessment.
- Dry dock planning and supervision.
- Budget control.
- Certification and vetting.
The aim is to provide the most transparent management system possible for shipowners requiring the very latest information about their vessels – be it of a technical, crew, accounting or other related nature.
Our relationships with first-class suppliers, workshops and marine service providers ensure that our principals consistently receive reliable and high-quality service at the lowest possible price.
WHAT IS A CASH BUYER? - Within the ship recycling industry, companies such as GMS are commonly known as Cash Buyers. A “Cash Buyer” as the name suggests, is an entity that purchases a vessel for “Cash” from the owners and delivers it to a ship recycling yard (Ship Recyclers). Cash Buyers are not brokers. Cash Buyers are PRINCIPALS/TRADERS. Cash Buyers take delivery of vessels on both “delivered” and “as is where is” terms.
Business functions performed by a Cash Buyer include sale and purchase, financing (taking title of the vessel against full payment), market research, evaluation (forecasting future prices, demand/supply factors and other relevant business-specific issues) and risk management (underwriting market, operational, performance, currency, demand/supply, and various other risks).
Benefits of a dependable Cash Buyer to Ship Owners:
- Ease of delivery due to standardization of vessel descriptions and delivery contracts
- Negotiations conducted with a limited number of buyers rather than a multitude of ship recycling yards in several different countries
- One stop service… do not have to go to different yards in the world. Ship owners get intel on worldwide recycling markets and specific yards, with one call
- Guidance: since cash buyers do business with yards globally, they are BEST qualified to guide owners on various recycling options
- Receive intimate knowledge and current state of the individual recycling markets
- Cash payments instead of payments via Letters of Credit (L/C)
- Risk mitigation on behalf of the ship owners, especially in cases of a falling market, currency fluctuations, and unexpected legislative and regulatory changes
- Managing ship owners CSR requirements
- Ability to propose, guide, and execute green recycling contracts
- Financial stability to ensure hassle-free completion of agreements
Benefits of a dependable Cash Buyer to Ship Recyclers:
- Having a large inventory of vessels at all times gives ship recyclers the ability to choose a vessel of their choice
- Extensive financial experience helps in providing recyclers with the option of negotiating LCs (Letters of Credit) convenient to them
- Extensive understanding of local regulations and procedures makes delivery and beaching on the yard a hassle-free process
- Understanding the needs of the ship recycler pertaining to their requirements on the types of vessels, Lightweights they are able to negotiate, and their banking requirements makes every transaction a smooth one
- Exclusive local representation helps to offer personalized attention and the ability to cater to the needs of the ship recyclers
- Ability to forecast the markets on the supply-side as well as trends in the ship recycling sector helps to provide ship recyclers with the best service